Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Seattle: Day 9 "An Ethiopian Tour Guide"


My tour guide for the day was the lovely Tsige. She was pretty inexpensive. All I had to do was pay her bus fare and she was set.

We went to the Seattle library, which was one of the coolest places to house books I had ever seen. Locals busied themselves with study and Facebook updates while the tourists took photos of them as though they were part of an exhibit. The sea of computers dominated the third floor with the sound of keyboard clicks crashing against the shore of the metallic walls.

We also saw the Seattle Art Museum sculpture garden. Big Brother scolded children over a loudspeaker when they touched the artwork. We were not excluded.

I ran into a person who tried to sign me up for a children's charity organization. She asked me to join after pitching for five minutes. I thanked her, but told her I already contribute through another organization and I would have to give her's more thought.
"What would you possibly be thinking about? I told you everything," she said.
At that point I realized that she was pushing a sale, rather than a cause. I was disappointed. Her insistance made her intentions clear.

We later had Thai food, which was rather spicy. My nose ran as I took my stomach lashings like a man. Tsige was fine.

It was a productive day.








No comments:

Post a Comment