Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seattle Day 3: "Night and Day"

Today was a lazy day. I spent most of it playing Rockband and Super Mario with the family that I am staying with. Their 11-year-old daughter loves to cook. Her knowledge of recipes is limited, so I had rice crispy treats for breakfast.

Later that day, I wandered the historic part of Redmond with Jessica. There was a bookstore that sold at half price. Conversations about lowering the drinking age and nuclear war were heard over the cash register. It was good to see a local bookstore do well.



When evening approached, Jessica retired to talk with her boyfriend. Tsige and I ventured to Seattle for some night photography. While I shot, I got to hear her stories. Tsige Tafesse was born in America, but is Ethiopian by blood. She spoke of the incredible story of her parents, her feelings, her opinions and so on. It was a refreshing conversation.


We traversed the city until 2 AM. The city at night is calming in its quiet beauty.


A day of beauty: Stories, cities and people.






No comments:

Post a Comment