Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Seattle: Day 4 "Wash me"

The back of a moving van said "Overtaxation is not the answer" written in the dirt that covered it. You know you are in Seattle when hooligans write political statements instead of "Wash me!"

I sold my old camera today. I was a little nervous about money, so I am glad that it is gone. A part of me will miss it, but that part of me is ok with
starving to death.

The man who purchased the camera clearly had the money. He arrived in a nice Audi, his hair was slicked back and he spoke to me like a was kin. He was a very friendly man. He offered $400. I told him I would go no lower than $450. He examined the camera while I explained to him why I came to Seattle. I told him about internship opportunities, friends and adventures.
The real reason I was here was irrelevant.

Something must have struck his compassion. He left with my camera at full price. I mustered up all of the stuff and offered him a "call-me-if-something-goes-wrong" warranty.
He was a good man and a Godsend.

I went to Marymoor park today. I took photos of a garden where volunteers grow food for local shelters. Ah, Seattle.


1 comment:

  1. Great photo of gardening lady, love the balance of it. The edge of the yellow bucket just there.

    Smashing.

    ReplyDelete