Friday, April 9, 2010

like "comet" to porcelain

Spring cleaning: A yearly ritual where people attempt to straighten up their unorganized and uncontrolled lives.

I hate it. It doesn't work.

Is it really the messiness that motivates people to act in such a way? For me, spring cleaning is much more than vacuuming the dust bunnies under the couch.

Spring cleaning is about introspection.

Are there things in my life that I need to purge? My own spring cleaning of my apartment led me to my answer.

I stumbled upon some memorabilia from my last relationship. First, it was a book. Next, it was photos. Eventually, everything became a tombstone to a tragically dead relationship.

In the midst of this graveyard of memories, I realized something: I have a lot more cleaning to do than I thought.

I have to overcome any thoughts about the past and what could have happened.

I need to let go, because it eats away at me like the Comet cleaner eats away at the enamel of the bathtub.

I need to heal.

Perhaps the first thing on my cleaning list should say: "Remove all pain of your past relationship. Do not use abrasives."

Unfortunately, Mr. Clean didn't make a "Magic Eraser" for stuff like that...





1 comment:

  1. You know what, though? I'm really proud of you for staying with the photography. It's awesome. Nice to drop in from time to time and see you are doing so well in that regard. As to the other stuff, hey, there are lots of people going through the exact same thing. Not sure if that's comforting to think about or not, but we should all be reminding each other that we'll be just fine as much as we don't want to hear it at times. Just keep up the good work, okay? Everything else will fall into place the way it is supposed to. At least that's what I keep hoping and trusting will happen!

    ReplyDelete