Sunday, April 18, 2010

conversationalism

"You're a great conversationalist," says the girl after the date ends.

I've gotten it a number of times. It gets me nowhere.

Do you know what you get when you are a "great conversationalist?"

A great conversation, the end.

The phrase seems almost like a nice way of saying "The only attractive quality you have is your words."

Too bad no one reads this blog, eh?

It seems like going on a date with me is like making a guest appearance on a radio talk show...with food. They arrive at the studio and have a wonderful conversation, but then find out why they are on radio and not television.

Or it's like trying to date someone who enjoys blogging.





Perhaps instead of dating I'll join the local knitting group and participate in their discussions.





1 comment:

  1. Oh Joey. Another great post, but not all true. I think it is a fantastic quality in a guy and can be a great compliment.
    P.s. My boyfriend knits and blogs. It's hot. Don't worry. And I always read your blog.

    ReplyDelete