Friday, April 23, 2010

comparing sufferings

I recently read an article from the New York Times about a series of bombings in Baghdad that killed 58 people on Friday. It was devastating to see what happened to the people who were killed.

Allegedly, it was in retaliation to an Iraqi/American combined assault that killed two Al Qaeda leaders.

The photos attached to the article show the devastation that occurred.

This morning, I was stressing over my financial aid for college. Honestly, that could be the best thing that I could ever stress out about.

It is very humbling to see what little I have to deal with in my life.

Comparably, I suffer no trials.

I have never had to deal with a bombing. I have never had to live in fear of a terrorist attack, nor have I ever lived in a politically hostile environment.

It's not so bad.

Be grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment