Saturday, February 6, 2010

high-budget fear

I watched a scary movie with some friends tonight.

The movie was awful.

While I was watching it, I had a hard time paying attention to the "Low-Budget" fear on the small glowing screen. Instead, I was distracted by what I am truly afraid of.

I'm not afraid of the dark. I'm not afraid of spiders.

I'm afraid of what you can't put in a horror movie.

Rejection.

Failure.

Anger.

Sadness.


They haunt me much more than ghost and ghouls and with a much more powerful force.

I couldn't quit thinking about it.

Why? Because they hurt.

That's "High-Budget" fear.

That's what I'm afraid of.

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said.

    Kind of the idea, "There is nothing to fear but fear itself."

    You're a great writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting to think about. Good post

    ReplyDelete